Are You Facing Relationship Problems You Can’t Seem to Solve?
A Couples Therapy Intensive can help if you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions:
- Do you feel like an option in your partner’s life and not a priority?
- Are you unsatisfied with the quality of intimacy and loving touch in your relationship?
- Has communication broken down between you and your partner?
- Is your relationship up and down like a rollercoaster ride?
- Are you devastated by the disclosure of your partner’s affair?
- Do you wish you could go back in time to when you and your partner were happy, silly, and had fun together?
- Is your relationship at a crossroads and you want to take the road to recovery?
- Are you looking for a safe and supportive space where you and your partner can heal your relationship?
- Do you feel lonely, isolated, unnoticed, abandoned, and ignored by your partner?
- Is your relationship stuck in a ‘Doom Loop’?
If your relationship is in crisis, and you’re searching for solutions to your problems then you’re in the right place.
The first thing you need to know is…
…You’re Not Alone
All relationships struggle at some point.
Consider the facts:
- The Office of National Statistics estimates that 42% of marriages in England and Wales will end in divorce. And recent statistics show over 60% of second marriages fail.
- The chance of divorce is greatest between the 4th and 8th wedding anniversaries.
- Divorce rates are six times higher in the early years of marriage for couples who met online than in those who met at work, university, or through friends and family.
- The most common reason given for divorcing – given by close to 80% of all men and women – was gradually growing apart, losing a sense of closeness, and not feeling loved and appreciated.
The good news is, with support from a specialist Couples Therapist, your relationship can go from “death’s door” to bursting with friendship, newfound intimacy, and rekindled fun.
I’ve seen it happen many times.
I specialise in providing solutions to painful relationship problems.
And I can help you too.
Your Relationship Doesn’t Have to End
“In most studies of treatment over the last 40 years, the average treated person is better off than 80% of the untreated sample.”
Yes, it’s true.
You’re a unique individual, and so is your partner.
Never before in the history of the universe has there been a coupling as unique as yours.
However, you’re both humans.
Which means you share many things in common with other humans.
It also means you’re not the first person to be kept awake at night worrying if you and your partner will separate.
Discover Tried and Tested Solutions To Your Relationship Problems
My approach to Couples Counselling is the result of observations made from more than 3000 couples over 43 years to find out what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to creating long, healthy, and happy relationships.
It’s cherry-picked from the very best scientifically researched, evidence-based relationship therapy schools.
In this Couples Therapy Intensive we’ll focus on three vital areas:
- Assessment – You wouldn’t want to walk through a minefield without a map, would you? I start by getting to know you and your partner thoroughly so I can work out where your relationship is getting stuck.
- Feedback – We’ll explore your relationship’s strengths and weaknesses based on the assessment.
- Solutions – I’ll pick two or three ‘Tools’ – which based on my experience – will best strengthen your relationship weaknesses. We’ll explore each tool together and then I’ll coach you whilst you practice it. By the time we’re done you’ll be confident you know how to continue to improve your relationship after the intensive.
The fact is, there are tried and tested tools proven to help you:
- Stitch together the torn fabric of your life after the disclosure of an affair
- Re-Build fondness and admiration for each other
- Regain intimacy and love
- Break the negative cycle you’re stuck in
- Create a healthy emotional bank account
- Manage conflict in a way that increases understanding
- Discover your needs and wants and get them met
- Regain trust when it’s been lost
Living in a continuous nightmare caused by the discovery of your partner’s affair…
…At the end of your strength and hope feeling like the ground is falling from under your feet…
…Or stuck in a negative cycle, where hurtful things are said that destroy respect and intimacy.
Take comfort in knowing there are tools you can trust to help you gain clarity, confidence, and understanding so that you can create the relationship you both want.
Why You Can Be Confident My Approach Works
Look, my approach works, not because I say so, but because it’s built on decades of solid scientific research and the collected experience of the pioneers of relationship therapy.
Which means, you and I get to stand on the shoulders of giants.
So, if you’ll roll your sleeves up and do the work I set you, you too can be confident you’re doing the very best to heal your relationship.
As for me?
I started counseling in 1994 and I’ve been in private practice ever since.
Oh, and I ONLY work with couples. I’m not one of those “Jack of all trades, master of none” counselors that clutter up the Internet.
Still Got Doubts?
Here are three main objections (along with my replies) I hear about a two-day, 10 hours, couples therapy intensive:
One: “I’m worried a couples therapy intensive will be too expensive…”
The price is £2,000.
The cost of a two-day intensive will require a significant investment of your time, energy, and money. And if it’s more appropriate for you we can go down the traditional one-session-a-week route. But, if your relationship is at a breaking point, you’ll need faster results than weekly sessions can offer.
In my experience, the truth many couples don’t want to hear is this: Acting sooner is considerably cheaper than the emotional (and financial) cost of separation or a shattered family.
Two: “Can a couples therapy intensive really save my marriage?”
Couples counseling is my life’s work – It’s all I do.
Whether you want to strengthen your marriage or you’re one step away from divorce, I’m confident my evidence-based approach to marriage counseling can provide you with tangible, concrete steps you can take to create lasting changes in how you communicate, resolve conflict, and connect emotionally in your marriage.
Reliable research suggests the evidence-focused approach I use offers a 70 to 75% recovery rate. And retests of couples at 3 months, 6 months, and two years show stable results and in some cases even improved results.
Three: “Where are you based?”
My two-day couples intensives are held in Dawlish (South Devon), just a 15-minute gentle stroll from the beach.
And with so many popular holiday destinations nearby, you can easily extend the intensive into a holiday. In fact, a few extra days in Devon will give you both the opportunity to practice and strengthen your new relationship tools without the distractions of your daily life getting in the way.
Added Benefits of a two-day Couples Therapy Intensive
In addition to quickly giving you powerful solutions to your relationship problems, couples who take my intensives also report the following two benefits:
- Protected Time – You get undisturbed time to work on your marriage. Time away from intrusions by your mobile, your children, your work, and so on. You simply cannot get this kind of quality time to work on your relationship through the usual ‘Therapeutic’ hour session of 50 minutes offered by counselors who dabble in couples counseling.
- Build Momentum – You can create a lot of momentum during the 10 hours of this intensive. No interruptions, no rushing, and no distractions. Instead, you get to stack powerful experiences on top of each other building up momentum like a train rolling down a hill.
Protected time and momentum mean you go deeper into your relationship much quicker.
A two-day intensive will give you answers that would normally take months to grind out in weekly sessions.
In just 10 hours, you will gain:
- Awareness and understanding of the negative habits you follow in relating to each other.
- The best tools to heal, strengthen and protect your marriage for the better years that lay ahead of you.
No other relationship intervention comes close.
Click the “Schedule A Call Now” button below to schedule a free, 20-minute, no-obligation call.
We’ll quickly discuss your issue and I’ll tell you honestly whether your relationship will benefit from a 2-day Couples Therapy Intensive…
…Or signpost you in a more appropriate direction if necessary.